Help in evaluation needed...

Hi!

I am looking for an embedded Linux system with the following features:
Ethernet, CAN, RS232, a few GPIOs and LCD. The design process should be
straightforward. I would prefer an open source distribution because of
costs and independence.

Can anyone suggest a good combination of processor and distribution?

I had a look at uCLinux, this seems to be the most advanced distribution
- but is there any CAN-hardware supported?

Thanks in advance,
Tankred

P.S.: Sorry for my english...

Re: Help in evaluation needed...

 > The design process should be straightforward. I would prefer an open source
 > distribution because of costs and independence.
Everyone wants this :)

SnapGear Linux! :)

There are a number of normal Linux CAN projects, I haven't seen any of
them running on uClinux systems, but I don't think it would be too hard
to port.
take a look at:
http://home.wanadoo.nl/arnaud /
http://www.linux.it/~rubini/software/#ocan
http://www.port.de/engl/canprod/sw_linux.html
http://canfestival.sourceforge.net/

and google.

regards,

Damion de Soto - Software Engineer  email:     snipped-for-privacy@snapgear.com
Re: Help in evaluation needed...
Hello!

Thank you for your quick response...

Yes, I consider using this one. It supports my
this-time-favourite-processor (Motorola Coldfire 5282).

At this page Motorola FlexCAN (which is included in the Coldfire 5282)
is supported. I think I´ll try this way.

I wonder if this stuff will work...

Tankred.

Site Timeline