Help in evaluation needed...

Hi!

I am looking for an embedded Linux system with the following features: Ethernet, CAN, RS232, a few GPIOs and LCD. The design process should be straightforward. I would prefer an open source distribution because of costs and independence.

Can anyone suggest a good combination of processor and distribution?

I had a look at uCLinux, this seems to be the most advanced distribution

- but is there any CAN-hardware supported?

Thanks in advance, Tankred

P.S.: Sorry for my english...

Reply to
Tankred Müller

SnapGear Linux! :)

There are a number of normal Linux CAN projects, I haven't seen any of them running on uClinux systems, but I don't think it would be too hard to port. take a look at:

and google.

regards,

Damion de Soto - Software Engineer  email:     damion@snapgear.com
SnapGear - A CyberGuard Company ---    ph:         +61 7 3435 2809
  | Custom Embedded Solutions          fax:         +61 7 3891 3630
  | and Security Appliances            web: http://www.snapgear.com~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  ---  Free Embedded Linux Distro at   http://www.snapgear.org  ---
Reply to
Damion de Soto

Hello!

Thank you for your quick response...

Yes, I consider using this one. It supports my this-time-favourite-processor (Motorola Coldfire 5282).

At this page Motorola FlexCAN (which is included in the Coldfire 5282) is supported. I think I´ll try this way.

I wonder if this stuff will work...

Tankred.

Reply to
Tankred Müller