hd44780 compatible lcd - boot messages

Hello,

Is there anyone who has already configured a hd44780 (parallel)
compatible LCD in order to get messages displayed when it is power on?

I know that this is possible with some serial LCD (as the cfa633 from
crystalfontz) thanks to an EPROM which can store datas.

I haven't found any parallel LCD which has such a features.

Thx

Re: hd44780 compatible lcd - boot messages

It could be done with a PIC/AVR/whatever-your-flavour-is connected to a
serial port and a linux kernel configured to a to use the port as console.

--
Lasse Jensen [fafler at g mail dot com]
Linux, the choice of a GNU generation.

Site Timeline