CPU speed estimate for a dedicated rt system?

Hello group!

I am interested in a dedicated real-time embedded system, needed to display VGA graphics

640x480 in 16bit color.

Since it has to be a rt dedicated system, I was wondering what's the MIPS speed of the CPU needed to make a full screen repaint in a resonable time? (assumed that graphich function primitives are well written)

My calculations say 30MIPS CPU should be enough (486 class cpu). Is it possible to go lower?

Any suggestions?

Best regards, Mario

Reply to
Mile Blenton

486 can make realtime 3D on that display

Pozdrawiam.

--
RusH   //
 http://randki.o2.pl/profil.php?id_r=352019

0.258

Yes.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  Edwin Meese made me
                                  at               wear CORDOVANS!!