2Gb SD Card on Freescale MXL arm9 based board

Hi all, I've a self designed motherboard based on MXL demoboard, with embedded sd-card reader. I've installed linux 2.4.26-vrs1-mx1ads_0406251307. My problem is that I can read only sd-card up to 1Gb, when I insert a Sandisk 2Gb sd, I get this error:

Partition check: mmca:end_request: I/O error, dev fa:00 (mmc), sector 0 end_request: I/O error, dev fa:00 (mmc), sector 2 end_request: I/O error, dev fa:00 (mmc), sector 4 end_request: I/O error, dev fa:00 (mmc), sector 6 end_request: I/O error, dev fa:00 (mmc), sector 0 end_request: I/O error, dev fa:00 (mmc), sector 2 end_request: I/O error, dev fa:00 (mmc), sector 4 end_request: I/O error, dev fa:00 (mmc), sector 6 unable to read partition table

Could someone help me?

Thanks Best regards

Reply to
Franco

Hello,

Seems he tries to read sector

0 instead of 1 GB + 0 2 instead of 1 GB + 2 etc.

Do you address all of the mmc or only the first GB of memory? It looks like a "wrap around" the 8086 had (when addressing more than 1 Meg it wrapped around to the first 64 KB of memory because of missing address lines).

Don't hit me if I'm wrong.

Regards, Sebastian

Reply to
Sebastian

The problem is that 2 GByte SD cards report a read block size of 1024, but this is ONLY for the computation of the capacity.

Reading and writing blocks is always with 512 Bytes/Block.

regards

Wolfgang

Reply to
Wolfgang Mües

Thank you for your help, is possible to solve this problem?

"Wolfgang Mües" ha scritto nel messaggio news: snipped-for-privacy@server.wmsickte.xx...

Reply to
Franco

Thank you Sebastian, how could I hit you? :-) I have no idea about this problem, and probably you are right.

"Sebastian" ha scritto nel messaggio news:46841002$0$20297$ snipped-for-privacy@newsspool3.arcor-online.net...

Reply to
Franco

Top posting fixed.