2Gb SD Card on Freescale MXL arm9 based board

Hi all,
I've a self designed motherboard based on MXL demoboard, with embedded
sd-card reader.
I've installed linux 2.4.26-vrs1-mx1ads_0406251307.
My problem is that I can read only sd-card up to 1Gb, when I insert a
Sandisk 2Gb sd, I get this error:

Partition check:
 mmca:end_request: I/O error, dev fa:00 (mmc), sector 0
end_request: I/O error, dev fa:00 (mmc), sector 2
end_request: I/O error, dev fa:00 (mmc), sector 4
end_request: I/O error, dev fa:00 (mmc), sector 6
end_request: I/O error, dev fa:00 (mmc), sector 0
end_request: I/O error, dev fa:00 (mmc), sector 2
end_request: I/O error, dev fa:00 (mmc), sector 4
end_request: I/O error, dev fa:00 (mmc), sector 6
 unable to read partition table

Could someone help me?

Thanks
Best regards

Re: 2Gb SD Card on Freescale MXL arm9 based board
Hello,

Seems he tries to read sector
0 instead of 1 GB + 0
2 instead of 1 GB + 2
etc.

Do you address all of the mmc or only the first GB of memory?
It looks like a "wrap around" the 8086 had (when addressing more than 1 Meg
it wrapped around to the first 64 KB of memory because of missing address
lines).

Don't hit me if I'm wrong.

Regards,
Sebastian

Re: 2Gb SD Card on Freescale MXL arm9 based board
Thank you Sebastian,
how could I hit you? :-)
I have no idea about this problem,
and probably you are right.

Re: 2Gb SD Card on Freescale MXL arm9 based board
Franco,

The problem is that 2 GByte SD cards report a read block size of 1024,
but this is ONLY for the computation of the capacity.

Reading and writing blocks is always with 512 Bytes/Block.

regards

Wolfgang

Re: 2Gb SD Card on Freescale MXL arm9 based board
Thank you for your help,
is possible to solve this problem?

Re: 2Gb SD Card on Freescale MXL arm9 based board

 > Thank you for your help,
 > is possible to solve this problem?

Top posting fixed.

You need a newer driver.