What is difference between Mastech, B&K, Instek, and HP digital variable DC supplies?

I'm not a techie. Looking for a very stable, non-drifting 0-15V DC digital power supply. Mastech and Hyelec and very cheap compared to Instek and others. The B&K label (might not be all b&k's though) says "Made In China", just like the Hyelec, at 1/3 its price. So, what corners did Hyelec/Mastech cut, if any?

Are any of these likely to conk out before 2 years' use? Which one(s)?

Thanks for all suggestions.

If there is a previous thread on this topic, sorry for this posting, but could someone please provide a link, or links?

Reply to
fancy nospam tunes

You can build a nice regulated 0-15 volt 1-1.5 amp power supply using a LM317T variable voltage regulator, heatsink, 1 5K potentiometer, 1 220 ohm resistor, 2 capacitors and a wall transformer. If the output of the wall transformer is ac then you need a full wave bridge rectifier. It is real simple to build. Do a search on the LM317T and you will get many hits. On my bench I built one with 2 outputs, one variable and the other output connected to a 6 pole rotary switch with preset 3, 5,6,8,9 and 12 volts output. Email me for more information if needed.

Regards, Sal Bris> I'm not a techie. Looking for a very stable, non-drifting 0-15V DC

Reply to
Sal Brisindi