UltraViolet Lasers

I wish to conduct an scientific experiment in wich to send High Voltage pulses over ionized air by two identical UltraViolet lasers . I wish to use the ionizated trail produced by the lasers as an conductive path trough wich the pulses will be sent to the required target .

Any such device on market today ?

RHB

Reply to
brownyear

[...]

Make your own. Do a search for DIY open air uv laser. Its a pretty simple design.

Reply to
Modat22

I wish to conduct an scientific experiment in wich to send High Voltage pulses over ionized air by two identical UltraViolet lasers . I wish to use the ionizated trail produced by the lasers as an conductive path trough wich the pulses will be sent to the required target .

Any such device on market today ?

RHB

Reply to
brownyear

Build your own. There's an article on the "Amateur Scientist" CD (Google for it).

If you don't want to spend the money (or can't get anyone to give it to you for Xmas, like I finally conned my wife into doing for me), look at:

A bit more tedious than just buying one, but you'll learn a whole lot.

Mark L. Fergerson

Reply to
Mark Fergerson

Thank You , I know the site for about 4 years .

Regarding the 1974 laser described in the Scientific American there is an errata concerning Safety in the following issues.

To begin, see the [2] Scientific American Article in the June 1974 edition in the Amateur Scientist column which describes an easily constructed laser of this type. This article is also contained on the CD compilation available from the Tinker's Guild (see the Links page of this site). This is required reading before attempting to construct such a laser.

Thank You again

LS

Reply to
brownyear

You might have some luck if you send a request for quotation to the following address:

USAF Special Weapons Laboratory Directed Energy Weapons Division Kirtland AFB, New Mexico 87184

webpa

Reply to
WEBPA

following

required

Thank you for the links to the CA and Mexico sites .

RHB

Reply to
brownyear

Below is a link for a UV laser. You would have to contact them for a quotation. it will not be cheap.

You can do a Google search for UV Laser to find more sites like these.

Jerry G.

Reply to
Jerry G.