Trying to identify a chip...

Suspect it is a MC145155-2 in the 18-pin DIP package. Datasheet for this chip shows pin 5 as VDD, and I am wondering, isn't VDD usually the same as GND? (Don't see any pins labled as GND, although there is VSS ,which I am thinking is +5 volts). Any help is appreciated...

Thanks,

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Forgot to mention, the 145155-2 is the 18-pin DIP version of a (common?) Phase-Locked Loop.

Thanks again.

Reply to
Dave

--
No, it's the supply voltage.
Reply to

Hah. So I had it backwards. VDD is supply voltage, and VSS is GND. Damn. Glad I asked.

Thanks much!

Dave

Reply to
Dave

--
You're welcome. :-)

One thing... On these electronics groups it's customary to crosspost
instead of multi-posting in that all of the replies will appear in all
the groups when the reply is made in _any_ of the groups.

Makes it much easier to follow the thread and not have to post
individual replies in each group.

JF
Reply to
John Fields

Think in terms of "drain" and "source". For an n-channel FET, the drain goes to the positive supply, the source goes to ground.

Michael

Reply to
Michael Black

Yeah, sorry. I'm a DIP (and that is not dual inline package.) Will try to do better...

Dave

Reply to
Dave