Small inexpensive outdoor timer needed

Ok here's what I want to do, I just don't know how to do it inexpensively, and what's available.:

I want to light up a small ( 12x18 ) home business sign in front of the house, on the outer house wall. I want to light it up from dusk until around midnight. So I need some combo of a light sensor switch ( which I just picked up from Home Depot - $12 ) and a clock timer for the midnight end.

We have a dual outdoor 120VAC receptacle below where the sign is going. So I'm thinking, if I can build a male plug into a box and plug it into there, AND get the photo sensor in the box ( no problem, I found a gray box with an end hole that this sensor is made for! ) and then fit some kind of clock device in the box too, that would be great. Then I could maybe add a small spotlight sticking up from the other end of the box ( the dual receptacle is horizontal ) and shining on the sign.

So it looks like my main challenge is finding a small enough, inexpensive timer to fit in the box too. Anyone?

--
- Mama Bear
Reply to

I think Fry's have exactly what you were after in the first place, and probably what you're after now. Can't find a picture on their site however.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Taylor

I think I found JUST what I need!