sensor 4-20ma software wanted

I have a 4-20 ma pressure transducer. I want to measure compression pressure in a diesel engine . Is there any hardware and software I can use to do this? The software must show pressure in Kg/cm2, bar or kpa.

Regards Ingvar

Reply to
ytreboe

pressure

There are lots of cards that will do 100K samples per second on the web. That's enough for 1500 samples per revolution at 4000rpm.

Example..

CWatters

"CWatters" skrev i melding news:4470211d$0$579$ snipped-for-privacy@ptn-nntp-reader01.plus.net...

Thank you very much for the answer. I want to usa a laptop so I can not usa a pci card. Do you know something I can use for laptop with USB conection? The sensor need minimum 15V, any sugestion on this? C\Is it possible to use

5V from USB to create 15V? Regards Ingvar
Reply to
ytreboe

National Instruments has a number of USB interface DAQ systems

Dave M
MasonDG44 at comcast dot net  (Just substitute the appropriate characters in the
address)

Make it idiot-proof and someone will make a better idiot.
Reply to
DaveM

use

Lots of ways to make 15V but watch out for earth loops etc. The best way is probably to use a DC-DC converter module. If the A-D converter card has a power rail output it might be worth using that. Otherwise yes look at using a USB port...

How much current does the sensor need?....

This is a 5V input, 15V 1W(67mA) regulated output, DC-DC converter...

CWatters

"CWatters" skrev i melding news:44708ec1$0$565$ snipped-for-privacy@ptn-nntp-reader01.plus.net...

Im not sure but much less than 1 watt so this one should be fine...

Reply to
ytreboe

4-20mA like in the subject line ?
--

Bye.
   Jasen

Well that's just the current loop interface. The sensor itself might need a lot more if it's not powered off the loop.

Reply to
CWatters

It's not a converter, but a company called Spectre Sensors has a pressure transducer that is USB connected so you can take it directly into a PC. Their website is

shocktroop