Scaling Down Compact Flourescent Bulbs

Ah, Safari lights. Takes me back to camping as a Scout ...the days when high-voltage batteries were considered normal and inverters were exotic.

Reply to
JeffM

In article , jeffm snipped-for-privacy@email.com mentioned...

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's the name of it. It's stuck away out in the garage somewhere. One would think that using a simple vibrator inverter from the 1930s would be cheaper than high voltage batteries. A ham friend and I were making 250W inverters back in the '60s using Ge power transistors so it could've been done easily with a single power transistor.

-- @@F@r@o@m@@O@r@a@n@g@e@@C@o@u@n@t@y@,@@C@a@l@,@@w@h@e@r@e@@ ###Got a Question about ELECTRONICS? Check HERE First:###

My email address is whitelisted. *All* email sent to it goes directly to the trash unless you add NOSPAM in the Subject: line with other stuff. alondra101 hotmail.com Don't be ripped off by the big book dealers. Go to the URL that will give you a choice and save you money(up to half).
You'll be glad you did! Just when you thought you had all this figured out, the gov't changed it:

Watson A.Name - "Watt Sun

Whereas On Sun, 28 Sep 2003 13:19:27 -0700, Watson A.Name - "Watt Sun" scribbled: , I thus relpy:

Back in High School, I made an invertor using a single transistor, single winding oscillator, using a power transformers from old transistor radios. The inverters were used to power xenon strobe lights (stroble tubes taken from a disposeable camera or something, the trigger transformer was a few turns of#36 magnet wire on an old IF coil from an old tube radio set).

--
Gary J. Tait .  Email is at yahoo.com ; ID:classicsat
Reply to