Recommendation of Test Equipment for Certified Service Center

Hello, I would like to open a Certified Service Center, and per instructions, the following is needed:

I'm sure many here have had experience becoming certified and such, if you can share your experiences and recommendations about the certifications process, and as well as the required tools.

I am not a technician myself, but I have passed the Service Manager Certification.

Thanks in advance! ali

P.S., if there is a different news group I should address, please let me kown. I do not want to cross list prematurely!

Reply to
Ali

Have read the required equipment list and am puzzled by items such as "audio oscillator." Seems kind of vague.

What exactly are the "credentials" behind this document?

Reply to
Charles Schuler

Charles, Thanks for your reply. CE.org, or the Consumer Electronics Association is the group behind the yearly Consumer Electronics Shows, as well as creating and setting standards in the CE field. While I not have mcuh experience or understanding of consumer electronics service centers, becoming certified through this organization was my first impulse.

Am I looking in the wrong place? I would like to create a service center where major manufacturer's warranty claims can be processed. The technician requirements (or credentials) for these certified service centers are certifications through the International Society of Certified Electronics Technicians (ISCET-

or Electronics Technicians Association (ETA-

Have you guys heard of these organizations? Any suggestions or advice to what I am trying to accomplish?

Thanks again, Ali

Reply to
Ali

I'd contact the major manufacturers and see what they recommend. For example, Sony or Toshiba or Panasonic might not care about CEA, or CET, but have their own set of requirements and standards.

Reply to
Charles Schuler

sounds like bs to us.

tom

--
Beware of those who post from srvinet.com!

Michael A. Terrell
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell