Name of connectors on Digital Multimeters

Hi all,

I'm trying to buy connectors but the local stores I visited don't provide them and I cannot buy them online because I don't know how they are called.

Those are the ones one can find on digital multimeters, you know, the two big red sockets where one plugs the test electrodes. It's like a banana plug with a sheath.

Also, do you have any suggestion about an online store (based in the US).

Thanks a lot, Tony

Reply to
braintest

Banana. For dual bananas the spacing is 3/4"

Regards,

Boris Mohar

Boris Mohar

4mm shrouded plugs/sockets.
Reply to
Mike Harrison

Retractable shrouded 4mm plugs.

part number 972-423 (Red) and 972-411 (Black).

Be careful though. There is a very slight difference between the id of a US banana socket (5/32"?) and a European 4mm socket. It means that if they are mixed wrongly it is possible for the spring on the retracting shroud to keep popping the plug out of the socket.

There is Farnell, Chicago, and they also own a US distributor who will supply against Farnell part numbers. But I can't remeber the name.

--
Tony Williams.
Reply to

Thanks a lot!

I'll check this.

Tony

Reply to
braintest

Doesn't Newark Electronics supply Farnell parts?

Mark

Reply to
redbelly98

That was it. Thanks.