Monitor scan rates - a few questions

My standard test monitor (for arcade game board repair) will only handle standard resolution games (ie Horizontal scan frequency: 15.72 KHz, Vertical Scan frequency: 60 Hz) yet from time to time I feel like checking out some medium res games which have a horizontal scan frequency of 25 KHz. Trouble is that my standard res monitor won't of course hand such a scan rate.

I know it's possible to try and get hold of the likes of either an old Commodore 1084 monitor or an NEC Multisync 3D but it's not really worth juggling around my test bench for the occasional medium res game.

So, is there any way at all (with an extra bit of external circuitry???) that as a stop-gap fix I could use either my standard 15 KHz monitor or even my PC's VGA monitor (which only goes as low as 31 KHz)?

Or is there even a small LCD flat panel display out there which could be modified to accept a 25 KHz RGB signal?

Thanks

Reply to
arcadey