laptop tft monitor use with desktop ?

I have an advent 7003 15" laptop tft screen .I would like too use this as a second monitor for desktop.Can anyone advise on how I can do this.Colour codes ,PSU and inverter info ? Any help is welcomed.

Reply to
trudy

Not really practical.

Reply to
Mike Harrison

Perhaps I have given wrong impression the screen is complete with housing. The whole thing is about 1cm thick making it a very nice compact screen.I have the rest of laptop if I did need any additional components. However I have taken screen out of housing too find inverter at bottom. I would think that by connecting power and vga or dvi lead too panel nothing further is necessary. The panel is a 15.1" XGA TFT panel nice,compact and surely worth saving. The panel is marked Torisan TFT-LCM TM150XG-02L02A

Reply to
trudy

Probably still impractical. The model number looks very close to Samsung panels, and used desktop LCD controllers sometimes show up on eBay, but it's probably better to try selling the panel itself on eBay. Actually, someone is currently selling a panel with the exact model number you quote.

Just sell yours and put the money towards a real LCD monitor. While you're at it, try parting out the laptop. Many people would like to repair their obsolete laptop using parts from a used one.

Reply to
cbm5

Then try it out. It's still not practical to do, unfortunately. The screen by itself doesn't accept VGA or video input.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Taylor

Won't work - save yourself the trouble. The VGA (analog video) is obviously wrong, and DVI is based on an electrical interface which isn't used by ANY notebook LCD panel.

The original assessment (well, the assessment given the first time I saw this question from this poster, over in comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.video) was right - the OP simply does not know enough about the subject to have a hope of tackling it successfully.

Bob M.

Reply to
Bob Myers

The screen by itself will not accept VGA. It needs its proprietary type of drive from the manufactures drive circuits. This is incorporated in to the laptop's mother board in conjunction with the display chipset.

Your best solution is to get yourself a real LCD display.

--

JANA _____

Reply to
JANA