EPROM eraser- light on indicator?

Is there a safe way to tell if the EPROM bulb (emits UV-C ray) is on? Since it's not safe to look at the bulb, I need to know if the bulb is on or if it's burned out while erasing EPROMs. So is there a simple UV-C detector circuit or something? Never seen a commercial EPROM eraser as I built mine out of 12" fluorescent lamp, long cardboard box (sealed when in use), and a 12" germicide bulb.

I wanted to know if it's on and working beside waiting 15 min or so and finding out none of the EPROM are erased.

too late.    - by anonymous Mother in Austin, TX
Spam block in place, no emil reply is expected at all.
Reply to
Impmon

"day-glo" flourescent paint, highlighter, (etc) glows brightly under UV.

I have some yellow cable-ties that were manufactured with flourescent die in them, they glow brightly under even a blue LED.

if the box is sealed there'll be no light inside it with the bulb off, use any sort of light detector.

--

Bye.
   Jasen

Just use a perspex/plexi/polycarb/glass rod through a small hole in the case. The material will block the shortwave UV.

Reply to
Mike Harrison

Most clear LED will show some output from UV. Or file the top off a TO18 transistor !

--
Baron:
Reply to