Electric blanket control

In an attempt to control a number of blankets serving as radiant floor heaters I like to know how to use a single conroller. Also would like to understand how these modern controllers designed to function.

All help is greatly appreciated.

Reply to
Attila

If they're anything like my old waterbed heater, there's a triac phase controller with a thermister for sensing.

Reply to
JeffM

The ones I've seen apart have been a switch to two coils with one being one wire, two being the second wire and three being both wires in parallel.

I'm hooking up water heated floor in my place over the next two months as I have the wood stove with hot water tank and plenty of wood. Only need to pump it as required.

Hope this helps, Peter

Reply to
Bushy