Do any 24VDC high torque servos exist?

The robotic watercraft we are building runs on a 24VDC electrical system. The servo needs to control steering and needs high torque (>100 lb-in) especially in choppy waters. I am having trouble finding a high torque, low voltage servo. Should we just run a 75VDC servo at a lower voltage, or perform the voltage conversion? Is there a servo that meets our requirements? We would like to keep the wiring simple. I am puzzled why it is so hard to find.

Thanks ~ DD

Reply to
DD

--Look not for "servo" but maybe "linear actuator" and you might have better luck?

-- "Steamboat Ed" Haas : Just another fart in the Hacking the Trailing Edge! : Express Elevator of Life..

---Decks a-wash in a sea of words---

Reply to
steamer