Anti blackout device ?

Last week we have one big blackout covering half Sweden and half Denmark. 3 big powerlines was down for service and at least 3 nuclear power plants also down for service in Sweden. Then one nuclear power plant had some minor problem and stopped, and a couple of minutes later a big switch failed in a storm and two other nuclear power plants got disconnected from the grid. That was to much for the grid and it break down.

--

 + Ken +
Reply to

In article , snipped-for-privacy@invalid.invalid mentioned...

Yeah, that was who it was. "We don't have blackouts in Europe." Right. He'll have to eat crow now! Heh-heh!

--
@@F@r@o@m@@O@r@a@n@g@e@@C@o@u@n@t@y@,@@C@a@l@,@@w@h@e@r@e@@
###Got a Question about ELECTRONICS?   Check HERE First:###

GREAT word!

...Jim Thompson

In article , __ snipped-for-privacy@telia.com mentioned...

Yeah, they mentioned that one in the article, URL above. With all the media attention to blackouts since the 'Big One' in the U.S., it's going to be hard for those countries and states to avoid the media attention, every one of them will now be under the eye of everyone. I kind of like that because it levels the field a bit. Those of us who have recently been under threat of blackouts, such as California in

2000 and 2001, are now gloating. It's called schadenfreude in German.