A Branch Across Two Power Line Burns?

On the web, there's a video of a branch suspended across two hot lines that is burning. I would have thought the conductivity of wood was so low that wouldn't happen. Wet wood?

Reply to
W. eWatson

Sure, or damp, or sappy.

Anything that'll allow enough current through it so that the I²R losses
through it will ignite it.

JF
Reply to
John Fields

A branch that might not be affected by the 240 volt line to your house would most likely get very hot on a 7500 volt (or higher) distribution line.

John

Reply to
news