Where to buy cheap MAXII CPLD?

Hi Everyone,

Can anybody let me know where to buy the EPM1270 TQFP CPLD in a cheap price? I've checked altera.com, the online wholesale price is $4.25/pc for 500K units. But the distributor here would charge me over $24 for 10 pc. (ebay.com is not a good site for the stable supply)

Any advice appreciated!

-Zimmer

Reply to
Zimmer

that's as good as you can get.. unless you buy 1/2 a million

Reply to
Simon Peacock

Or find 1/2 a million people to chip in.

--

Wing Wong.
Webpage: http://wing.ucc.asn.au

What you say is: CPLD is not good/cost-efficient for simple solution.

Reply to
Zimmer

Can you find a cheaper device for your "simple" function? How about the EPM240? At 240 LCells, it's gonna be a whole lot cheaper.

Are you only interested in buying 10 pieces? Suck it up and lay out the money! If you want more, then contact your sales rep or distributor and talk volume and price. Sometimes they'll shave a little off their margin if they can get the socket. It's the way it goes in the semiconductor business.

Reply to
John_H

A good source for 1-10ea components is

But they only have atmel, cypress, xilinx If you want a stable supply, check price and distribution before you design in the part.

-- Mike Treseler

Reply to
mike_treseler

Always the same story!!!

Use an FPGA.

Luiz Carlos.

Reply to
Luiz Carlos

more to the point.. none of the prices on web sites are realistic FPGA prices are strictly volume .. only accept a quote from a supplier. Although Arrow and Avnet prices aren't to unrealistic... but again... check the volume.

Simon

10
Reply to
Simon Peacock