Virtex-4 RAMB16 relative placement

XST is synthesising the following verilog code to a 8192x24-bit RAM.

module bram_8k (clk, addr, di, do); input clk; input [12:0] addr; input [23:0] di; output reg [23:0] do;

reg [23:0] ram [8191:0];

always@(posedge clk) begin ram[addr]

Reply to
sudheer

Because of comments from others on this forum, I've gotten into the habit of LOCing the BlockRAMs whenever relative placement is critical. While there might be a slightly "better" location for the BlockRAMs than what I choose, the place & route seems to do a better job filling the logic around the memory rather than trying to figure out a good placement for both logic and memory at the same time.

Reply to
John_H