Timing Analyzer - delay to die pad or package pin?

Hi,

I have a question about the Xilinx Timing Analyzer (trce).

Does it report the I/O timing at the die pad or the package pin / ball?

I believe the 5.x and earlier versions of the software referred timing to the die pads, whereas 6.x seems to be taking the flight delay of the package into account. Could someone from Xilinx please confirm whether this is the case?

Thanks, Allan

Reply to
Allan Herriman

My local FAE explained that the 6.x software includes the package flight time in the Tiopick and Tiockp parameters *for flip chip packages*, i.e. the timing is referred to the ball rather than the die pad.

The 5.x software does not include the flight time, i.e. the timing is referred to the die pad rather than the ball.

Regards, Allan.

Reply to
Allan Herriman