Re: xilinx research labs

> > I am looking for the homepage of Xilinx Research Labs, but Google is > > not helping me. Does anybody know if they even have a homepage. I'd > > like to know what type of research they do at Xilinx, whether it is all > > at the solid state and IC level, or whether they undertake higher level > > algorithmic research as well. > > Post to comp.arch.fpga and ask there. > > -- glen
Reply to
porterboy76

Hi,

They used to have one (well, Satnam Singh had his page until he left Xilinx).

From what I know (i.e. academic perspective) Xilinx folks mostly focus on higher level problems (system level design, hardware compilation, runtime reconfiguration, etc.).

If you want to have more details have a look to some FPGA related academic conference proceedings such as FPL or FCCM, you will probably find some papers by people from Xilinx.

Besides, I am sure that Peter Alfke and Austin Lesea will be glad to answer your questions.

Reply to
Steven Derrien

Xilinx Research Labs -

has an internal webpage (visible only to Xilinx employees on our network).

All of the information therein is marked confidential.

If you have interest in applying for employment (summer intern, or regular position) with Xilinx, please forward your resume to our website HR links.

Or, you may send it to me, and I will forward it to the appropriate person.

Please do not send anything if a position is not already open (ie posted) on the website.

If you are associated with a school, university, or other research lab and wish to join us in research, obtain hardware or software; please contact:

( snipped-for-privacy@xilinx.com)

Thank you for considering Xilinx,

Aust> glen herrmannsfeldt wrote:

Reply to
Austin Lesea

Austin Lesea wrote² :

Hi,

I had a glance to the XUP webpage, but it mostly focus on teaching resources.

Let's say "I have a friend of mine" ;) who is an academic considering going for a sabbatical, and who would be *very* interested to join Xilinx Labs during that time, should I also go through this channel ?

Thanks in advance,

Steven

Reply to
Steven Derrien

Steven,

Please have them email me directly, and I will put them in touch with the right person.

We definitely enjoy having talented faculty spend time here (or in our new 'EU research centre' in Dublin).

Aust> Austin Lesea wrote² :

Reply to
Austin Lesea

Hi, I was just wondering some technicalities about a board.

Ive got the XUP virtex-II pro from digilent and I believe it was designed by the XRL. Well I was wondering what kind of CAD (schematic capture + pcb layout) software does the team used. And also, out of curiosity, what PCB manufacturer do they use and the number of layers involved. A friend of mine thinks it's around 12. Which I doubt. So to make things clear, I am asking the experts here.

Thanks for the tip, but im impressed by the job and I wanna know what it takes to do that.

JA

Steven Derrien wrote:

is all

Reply to
jaxato

Reply to
Stephen

if you want to 'see' the technical then take a look at ML300 on Xilinx website, I think there are gerber files provided for it, you can use some gerberviewer to look at the layers :) but ML300 is designed by SEG not XRL

Antti

Reply to
Antti Lukats

Stephen a écrit :

My 2 cents,

Maybe electronic versions of xilinx publications in academic conferences, for those who are not registered at ACM/IEEE digital libraries.

Regards,

Steven

Reply to
Steven Derrien

Thank you Steven, I will make sure this happens, assuming we post an external web site and that the papers aren't copyright of any ACM/IEEE conference. Good suggestion for us to follow-up on. Regards, Stephen

Steven Derrien wrote:

es.

Reply to
Stephen

IEEE have no problem with their articles being made available provided a covering copyright document is included (electronically!), available from their website. Xilinx's IEEE documents would be very useful in a centralised location. The website might also provide the names of Xilinx's research interests/projects/topics, even if it does not provide exact details... obviously you dont want to give the game away, but it would be nice to know what Xilinx is interested in, in general.

Cheers Porterboy

Reply to
porterboy76