JTAG USB Circuit

anyboydy knows how to find the circuit or schematic fo make an JTA USB cable

Reply to
fecs2

snipped-for-privacy@usa-dot-com.no-spam.invalid (fecs2) wrote in news:V- GdndRkpJTPO63eRVn snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

I think ftdichip.com has an application

--
Al Clark
Danville Signal Processing, Inc.

Wouldn't it be slick if Xilinx would offer USB as one of the available configuration modes for their FPGA config memories!

FTDI does have the hardware, app notes and drivers to write your own JTAG programmer. For us lazy people, I wish somebody had some canned software to do this. Maybe someday I'll get off me buns and do this...

-- Ed

Reply to
GPE

They do... You can buy the "USB Platform Cable" for about $150. It's the same as the Parallel Cable 4, just hooks up to an USB2 port. Works much more reliable than the parallel cable.

cu, Sean

Reply to
Sean Durkin

Yeah, but system generator does not seem to support the cable. At least in my setup ISE, and chipscope find it, but Sysgen demands Parallel Cable 4.

Anyone have a different experience? Later,

JAn

Reply to
janbeck

... well.... that's not exactly what I was thinking of. I was thinking of the USB built into the part. This way you could just add a USB connector to your board and not worry about users buying programming cables.

I know this can be done adding an FTDI part to your design and then using a JTAG programmable memory such as the ST combo Flash/SRAM memories and using a Xilinx Spartan 3E part ... whenever those are out. But I still think it would be nice to cut the part count down further.

-- Ed

Reply to
GPE