How to use Gigabit transciever

Hello Groups, I am planning to use gigabit transceiver (Stratix GX), so wanted to know what additional glue logic i have to design around it. I think i need some glue for transmit part like synchronization, Packetization and idle data generation as i cannot feed raw data to the SERDES. Please let me know your suggestion. Any pointers to application note will also be great.

Thanks and regards Praveen

Reply to
pinku

Hi Praveen, Altera has developed a MegaCore called SerialLite just for this reason. It is designed to handle the 8b10b encoding, crc error detection, packetization, and so forth. These web pages have the application note and also the information on dowloading it.

Sincerely, Greg Steinke snipped-for-privacy@altera.com

Reply to
gregs