how to transform Arun's LDPC code to max-product (Min-sum)?

how to transform Arun's LDPC code to max-product (Min-sum)? comp.dsp LDPC Advice would be appreciated on how to transform Arun's code given on

from sum-product to max-product (or min-sum) algorithm. He follows the MacKay's algorithm, introducing delta to simplify the computation. In max-product computation of sum() is replaced by computation of max(), so basically because in Arun's code the algorithm avoids computing the sum() - does it mean that it is not transformable to make max-roduct? George.

Reply to
GB

on

Maybe I'm the only one here who doesn't know what "Arun's LDPC code" exactly is, but from what little I can understand from your question: Yes, it is probably not easily transformable to max-product if it's not exactly a sum-product algorithm in the first place.

Julius

Reply to
julius

There are at least two of us.