Hand solder that FPGA on your prototype

Hi all,

I've just finished constructing a new site that has web videos of soldering techniques, including how to hand solder quad flat packs. Very handy for prototyping.

You can go and get a free membership there, which lets you see 5 videos on how to hand solder quad flat packs. Watch me hand solder a Spartan 2E in a PQ208 package onto a board:)

The upgraded membership covers lots of other soldering techniques such as "toaster-oven soldering", "frying pan solder pot soldering", etc., but if you just wanted to know how to hand solder that FPGA on your prototype, then the free membership reveals all:)

Cheers,

Tony Burch

Tony Burch

has lots of good soldering info, including surface mount, toasters, hot plates, etc. And the best part is that you don't have to sign up for anything there.

Reply to
Chris Maryan

Hi Chris,

Don't worry about the rain, it's good for the garden:)

Yes I agree, the Sparkfun stuff is exellent.

But I don't think anyone gets all of their info from just one place.

You should check out the

videos too. If you are interested in soldering, there is some real value there with a unique perspective & original material from my personal experiences.

I only ask first name & email address when joining, and then you can unsubscribe from the email list immediately if you want to - you get to keep the free lifetime membership so that you can watch the videos any time.

I fully respect members & email privacy.

Kind regards,

Tony Burch

Tony Burch

I'm always suspicious when someone suggests that they have "secrets" to reveal.

Why do you want these details from those who visit your site? How will you store them? How do we know that they are secure? Why do you keep details for a "lifetime" after a user "unsubscribes"?

There are lots of good videos about soldering available without registration:

MikeShepherd564

WOW! I'm really impressed (NOT!). But tell me how much you make money selling the e-mail addresses to spammers.

--
Reply to nico@nctdevpuntnl (punt=.)
Nico Coesel

Thanks Mike, that's a great link. Definitely some good stuff there.

Plus I understand what you are saying, but it's absolutely worthwhile checking out

videos too. If you are interested in soldering, there is some real value there with a unique perspective & original material from my personal experiences.

I ask first name & email address because it is a membership site. The free membership is great for the QFP soldering info - that's why I posted on comp.arch.fpga. On the site there are also offers of upgrade for more videos, for people who do alot of soldering and are possibly looking for some extra techniques.

Of course there is absolutely no obligation for anyone to ugrade.The free membership stuff is free. If members can get some good info & tips that they haven't seen before, then I am very happy & satisfied that I've passed on something useful.

I treat all members & their email adresses with the greatest respect, care, and secure practices.

Enjoy & cheers,

Tony Burch

Tony Burch