EDK6.1 vs. EDK3.2 clarification

020406050905000807040705 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Hi there,

I have attached a posting from linuxppc-embedded which offers a little clarification and asks for those with similar experiences to respond.

Cheers,

Jon.

Reply to
Jon Masters

Hi there,

Added configuration options to Linux config.in to control (actual names are slightly different for internal naming convention):

CACHE_MODE - Toggle these CACHE_REAL - Real mode cacheing enabled CACHE_KERNEL - Kernel pages cacheing enabled CACHE_USER - User pages cacheing enabled

The system now boots if I disable all cacheing and it seems to be ok. However this only partially helps me and I still welcome input.

Anyone know of any particular reason why this Memec Insight board would dislike cacheing being enabled especially with EDK6.1 hardware?

I would love to hand validate the cache contents and this kind of thing but the Xilinx documentation is not good. The Xilinx XMD FAQ says that icachestartadr is a command when in fact it is a parameter to ppcconnect and then fails to provide an actual example of its use. *Sigh*.

Cheers,

Jon.

Reply to
Jon Masters