debug sdram application with use of xmdstub (microblaze)

Hi,

I am trying to debug my application in sdram with use of the "xmdstub method". After downloading the application with "dow", I can not single step through my code. I even can't read from memory. Output in xmd:

XMD% dow appl/appl.elf 0x80000000 Unable to Open File : appl/appl.elf XMD% pwd c:/ XMD% dow proj/ATM03001/example_7/appl/appl.elf 0x80000000 start addr in the ELF program hdr is 0x80000000 XMD% stp Unable to Read register : R1 Unable to Read register : R1 Unable to Read register : R1 Unable to Read register : R1 Cannot read from target

XMD% mrd 0x80000000 Cannot read from target

XMD% mrd 0 Cannot read from target

XMD%

Any suggestions of what could be the reason for this behaviour?? BTW, my final application (appl.elf) is compiled with option:

LFLAGS = -Wl,-defsym -Wl,_TEXT_START_ADDR=0x80000000

TIA, Frank

Reply to
Frank van Eijkelenburg

step

Okay, the solution is that I don't have to specify the address when downloading the .elf file. Just use:

dow proj/ATM03001/example_7/appl/appl.elf

Now I can step through my code.

Frank

Reply to
Frank van Eijkelenburg