DE10 Standard Audio Demos not working

Hello,

I bought the DE10 Standard and am having issues trying to run the demos rel
ated to audio.

I am trying to run the two demos, DE10_Standard_Audio, and DE10_Standard_i2
sound, while connecting apple headphones to line out, and 3.5 lavalier micr
ophone to mic in, but I am not able to record anything and play it back for
 the 1st demo, and I don't hear anything when I speak into the microphone f
or the second demo either. The microphone and headphones work fine on my la
ptop. This is the microphone specifically: https://www.amazon.com/Professio
nal-Microphone-Omnidirectional-Recording-Conference/dp/B01AG56HYQ

I also tried another mic and still to avail :(

I tried another mic as well and still to no avail. I'm so confused, it seem
s like it should work.

Can anyone offer any advice at all? I know this may be too general of a que
stion, but I can provide any other information needed.

Thanks!!

Re: DE10 Standard Audio Demos not working

It appears that microphone needs the socket to provide power.  A quick
glance at the DE10 Standard user guide doesn't show any power output on the
Mic In port.  It would be worth checking the schematic to see if power is
actually provided.

Perhaps see if the demo will accept audio via the line-in port, which
doesn't need to provide power?  That would need to generated from a
line-level audio source.

Theo

Re: DE10 Standard Audio Demos not working

nd

ak

g-Conference/dp/B01AG56HYQ
he

Hello,

Thanks for the response. The demo does accept audio via line-in port, but t
hat won't allow a microphone right? It only allows other types of audio sou
rces. I specifically want to work with omnidirectional microphones because
of a project I'll be undertaking.

-Nandan

Re: DE10 Standard Audio Demos not working

A Line-in port and a microphone port are different. Some microphones
need a bit of power, and most microphones are a lot lower signal level
than a Line In/Out type signal.

You may need a pre-amp module to up the signal from the microphone to
the level the line-in wants.

Re: DE10 Standard Audio Demos not working
os
 and
ng
peak
y:
ing-Conference/dp/B01AG56HYQ

n the
is

ut that won't allow a microphone right? It only allows other types of audio
 sources. I specifically want to work with omnidirectional microphones beca
use of a project I'll be undertaking.

I see. This may be a silly question, but I'm not quite familiar with mic-in
 vs line-in, so what sort of audio sources would support line-in? I want to
 be able to try connecting an audio source to line-in to see if I can't use
 a microphone, at least something works.

Also, is there an easy way to find a pre-amp module to amp up the signal fr
om the microphone?

Thanks,
Nandan

Re: DE10 Standard Audio Demos not working

Line-In is designed to connect to Line-Outs of pre-amplifiers, one
active audio component feeding sound to another. Often a headphone
output would work too (not a big speaker output, that may have too
strong of a signal).

Most powered audio devices, if not designed just to power big speakers,
will have an output usable as a line-out, and is often labeled as such.
And as I said, normally a headphone out will be good enough to drive a
line-in

Site Timeline