Compatible Xilinx USB Cables: worth to bother?

Who cares if that cheaper one works 100% the same as original one?

Reply to
scrts

Thank you Steve. I was not aware that you needed a plugin. I thought it was a Xilinx compatible cable.

However, I can not get it to work. I've downloaded the tar file and installed the so and xml file as shown in the documentation:

ls -1 $XILINX/lib/lin64/plugins/Digilent/libCseDigilent.* | cut -c27- v13.3i/ISE/lib/lin64/plugins/Digilent/libCseDigilent.so v13.3i/ISE/lib/lin64/plugins/Digilent/libCseDigilent.xml

Also I would like to do this in batch mode. But I can't get it to work in batch either. I'm uncertain about the setCable -target syntax as I can't find any documentation other than I've have to supply target_parameters:

... INFO:iMPACT - Using CseAdapterBSDevice ...

ERROR:iMPACT:1075 - setCable must be set before this operation.

Any idas?

Are there anywhere I can find more detailed documentation on the plugin mode, e.g. documentation on the API as well as documentation on the server mode?

Also is it possible to install the plugin somewhere else and point to it using an environment variable or similar? In some environment one does not have write access to the ISE installation.

//Petter

--
.sig removed by request.
Reply to

You should all be careful and buy one with proper antistatic protection on the jtag wires. Ive blown quite a few of the Altera byteblaster clones.

Reply to
Morten Leikvoll

@ Petter

I bought this Digilent HS1 cable end of December and it took also some time until I recognized their installation procedure.

Maybe following description could help you:

After you copied all the files as it is described in Xilinx plugin documentation, you have to go into Impact -> "cable setup", you usually will get an error message. Now check the checkbox at "Cable plugin" and write into the field "digilent_plugin". After you now hit ok, the Impact software will access your JTGA-HS1 cable (which should be plugged into USB and some device connected to it).

On my first tries I did not really recognize that you have to write this "string" into Impact software as I thought after plugin was installed, Impact would recognize it itself. May it solves your question, too....

SonnyAnd

Especially for people in Europe, our EEBlaster

is a good option. It has some improvements over the original USB-Blaster and costs EUR 49,-.

Regards,

Thomas

Thomas Entner

Here is the link again: