ANN: Amontec JTAGkey programs XC4VLX25 at 2.8s

Electronic is not Magic but Logic. Only Physic is Magic! True Random Number Generator is Magic and Physic but use some Electronics!

It is very simple to talk and think about True Random Number but you need more than 2 minutes for developing a True Random Number Generator!

Bla - bla ... as your bla - bla Antti.

Antti, you CANNOT take 2 minutes and then resume by a "too bad" and by a "100% useless".

Laurent

Reply to
Amontec, Larry

bla-bla, BTW how did you test that your DLL can handle "infinite" length chain? if I make SVF file that does masked compare and has single chain length of 33GBit, this would then be executed ok? 33G is defenetly less than infinite I think?

and if I look at 2 pages of source code, then 2 minutes can tell a lot already

Antti

Reply to
Antti

really?

i have a chameleon, this is PURCHASED not your free gift (that one did burn in), but I can not use chameleon as solutions provided by amontec do not not support chameleon when LPT base address is not default (like PCI LPT)

there is solution to reconfigure Amontex chameleon connected to PCI LPT, but this solution is PINAPI(tm) based XSVF by Antti Lukats - solutions from Amontec are not available.

Antti

Reply to
Antti

Our JTAG HAL (Amontec X Hardware Abstraction Layer) was designed for infinite SCANS ! And it is ...

We can do a 33 Giga Scan length via our AMTXHAL. Very easy. If you have a REAL application with a 33 Giga bit please call me. And we will try !

Yes two minutes can tell a lot for me two, but this is not enough for publishing your comments as a "too bad" and by a "100% useless".

Laurent

Reply to
Amontec, Larry

Yes, really, as by our JTAG Accelerator on our Chaleeon POD. This helps many companies using our Chameleon POD in production/test stage (5x to

6x faster than the Macraigor Raven ...). But a tool cannot never support all tricky things coming from custom uses and specific applications ... But I am happy to know about your PINAPI, even if this comes a bit late for us, since major part of designers want USB products, the parallel port is coming rare and annoying). This is why, we provides the already popular Amontec USB JTAGkey now.

Regards, Laurent htpp://

Amontec, Larry

PINAPI (Pin API) was developed by me VERY long time, initially to provide hardware abstraction layer for PIC and AVR and EEPROM Programming software. The first was developed for MS DOS, and used TSR type of drivers. It was very succesful in that terms that PINAPI enabled programming software did support many hardware I had never seen or validated for the use. In several cases working better than hardware vendors own software. It was later used on WIn 3.1, and is used mostly internally now on modern windows. Unfortunatly the PINAPI was not fully "upgraded" to use Windows added functionality, eg all PINAPI DLLs for windows still are based on very close spec to the initial spec. However even so there is succesful use it, one example that you can examine is Xilinx SystemACE player, you can playback Xilinx ACE onto any PINAPI driver as if the ACE would be executed by the Xilinx SystemACE CF.

here you can get the source code of the application. Full source of the PINAPI drivers and all components, are not currently public, but on my list to make public.

another use is Spartan3E NOR flash programmer for Xilinx sample, also uses PINAPI drivers, next one "SPI direct" programmer, that will flash SPI flash in similar fashion as Altera "jtag indirect" but it is cross FPGA vendor neutral.

Antti

Reply to
Antti

Larry Easy -

if my comments are too heavy, well I am hard to please - and the fact that I have interest to check out your products and verify the claims made in your announcments should actually make you happy - it should generate some more interest in your products. Any extra publicity and public noise can eventually increase your sales.

total silence and no replies is worse than hyper-critical comments.

Antti

Reply to
Antti

Timing for small devices:

Xilinx Coolrunner XCR3128 ERASE / PROGRAM / VERIFY ->

JTAG generation from SVF Player SVF used :

... in 601 milliseconds

ScreenShot :

Regards, Laurent

Reply to
Amontec, Larry

We have tested with an big Altera EPC2S 16.9Mbits bitstream (SVF file) and the Amontec JTAG download it after a 4.4 seconds ! Laurent

Amontec, Larry

Hi,

Not sure if this forum is still alive but I am using Amontec JTAGKey2 and t he Amontec SVF player to program a Virtex-7 Eval board. The svf player got to "SVF Playing File:" and then I got an error message:

"Error code = 524 (Line: 0 Error 524: parser_svf -> File not found.)"

What gives? Where do I get this parser_svf file?

X VIRTEX XC4VLX25

Reply to
jeffrey.thia