Altera flex 10k library component doubt

Hi all,

i have got a basic doubt in altera's flex10 k library component "8count" which is a 8-bit up/down counter.This library component has a output named "COUT" is it the decoded version of terminal count(255) or something else ?? any body can clarify this!!

thanks in advance

rgds, prav

Reply to
prav

I've just used this counter, but I didn't use COUT. I think it means Carry Out. You could always check the AHDL code for the part to see exactly what it does.

Leon

Reply to
Leon Heller

Hi Leon ,

thanks for u r reply! where can i get the AHDL code for the part "8count"?

rgds, prav

Reply to
prav

It is in /quartus40/libraries/others/maxplus2/8count.tdf

- Subroto Datta Altera Corp.

Reply to
Subroto Datta

Carry

what

If you have placed the part, you can just double click on the symbol.

Leon

Reply to
Leon Heller