10.1 EDK - How can I create a user library in SDK?

Dear experts,

I may need to build a few user libraries for PPC and MBZ targets, the libraries would be hardware independent, just computational modules.

I've read this link

Does the solution means that I have to manually edit the project's makefile to "make" it compile and archive a library .a file? Essentially the same way as in the EDK 9.2?

If yes, why Xilinx didn't add such a useful project type into XPS? I quite realize that an FPGA design is more complicated than just a software design for a fixed h/w platform, then why make it even more complex?

Thanks so much,

Andrew

Reply to
andrew.nesterov