Track-cutting tool

I am looking for a US or Canadian source for a stripboard track cutting tool. These seem to be readily available from a number of sellers in the UK, but I have not found one in this side of the pond.

TIA, Barry Newberger

Reply to
Barry Newberger

A new twist drill in a small handle will do the same job.

Around 7/64" would be OK, we could never find our real cutter so the drills ended up being used most of the time. I think we drilled a piece of ali bar for a handle and stuck the drill in with Loctite.

Peter

Peter A Forbes

As an old mentor of mine used to say "it's the holes you are paying for".

With a sharp craft knife it is quite easy to cut out a slice of copper between holes.

Hold the blade at about 45 degrees to the board surface and draw the blade point across the strip to make an angled incision, turn the board round and repeat to cut a Vee groove and remove a slice of copper. You can cut several strips at the same time for example between the legs of a DIL package.

When you get the hang of it it is faster and neater then using a conventional 'cutter'.

Reply to
nospam

Check the following Web site:

They might be able to sell you what you need. You will probably have to send them an email describing exactly what you want.

Aidan Grey

Reply to
Aidan Grey

and

you can also slit the tracks down the middle and mount smd parts underneath such as so8 ics.

Colin =^.^=

Reply to
colin

'Spot face cutter' is the usual term over here...

Mike Harrison