Seeking hex files for Iwatsu DS-8631 Scope.

Hi there

Anyone know where I can get images of the 3 EPROM's for an Iwatsu DS-8631 scope? Have a programmer and new EPROM's (27C 1meg). I suspect that mine has gone bad. at first the scope said checksum error and now it won't start at all :-(

Any pointer with the right direction will be appreciated.

--
Uffe Bærentsen
Reply to

Can't help you with that particular scope, but from time to time I've been successful recovering the data from a "slightly" defective programmable device by lowering it's supply voltage a bit from spec while reading back in a programmer. You might find that at around 4.5 volts or so, you can read back the data. Takes a bit of experimentation, but you can't make things any worse...

Good luck.

Reply to
JW

"JW" skrev i en meddelelse news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

I will try to figure out how I do that on my Willem programmer (PCB35A or PCB3B

Thanks, think I'll be needing it :-)

--
Uffe Bærentsen
Reply to

Pretty easy to do. Connect the positive lead of a variable power supply to the isolated VCC pin of the device, and connect the - lead of the supply to the device GND. You can use a socket with the VCC pin removed to isolate.

Reply to
JW