Protection for over-voltage into DAQ/oscilloscopes

Most high frequency digitizers (>1Ghz) have low input voltage level such as

1V to 5V. Is there any protection circuit so that I don't accidentally feed in too much voltage into the oscilloscopes and destroy them?

I already blew up one channel of my HP 54110D by feeding 13V into it as I thought it was like other oscilloscopes.

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Hoi Wong