P.R.D. (Pocket ? ) Voltmeter, out of the 1920 ??

From an attic clean up, I got an antique voltmeter, with ranges ( via the test pins ) of 8 and 16 Volts. R=250 ohms at 8 Volt range R=5000 ohms at 160 Volt range

Picture at:

Questions:

- does P.R.D. stand for Deutsche ReichsPost, or an other meaning ??

- On the box is the Company sign of Normameter - Was Normameter the supplier to the Deutsche ReichsPost ?

- Year of production ??

- Or: Does P.R.D. mean: Deutsches Reich Patent ??

Would any museum be interested ??

T.I.A.

Nap - Gent - Belgium / snipped-for-privacy@pandora.be

Reply to
Dribbel

As a kid, I had one of those! Heavy, built like a battleship and worked well! That could well have been mine, decades ago! :-)

Regards, JS

Reply to
John Smith

AFAIK that sign is the logo of Josef Neuberger, Fabrik Elektrischer Messinstrumente in Munich. Normally Neuberger is written in small font on the lower left of the dial.

Hard to say but I think they were still made in the 50's.

You could ask these guys but I bet they already got some because that kind of meter used to be popular in Europe:

Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

Dribbel schrieb:

If it's written in the right sequence, it's "D.R.P.". This stands for "Deutsches Reichspatent". So your second assumption (see below) is right.

I second Joerg: it's the Neuberger logo.

I'm sure that there are a lot of collectors who would like to get it. Why not sell via eBay?

HTH

Reinhard

Reply to
Reinhard Zwirner

Dribbel a utilisé son clavier pour écrire :

Hello, My father (Belgium) had also such a meter. As said, it was a very popular meter.

--
Cordialement, Groeten, With Kind Regards
Reply to