NFS access for a varying IP address for an Agilent 4156C

Hi

In our lab, we have a Linux machine that I use for interfacing with experiments and storing data. I am trying to connect an Agilent 4156C semiconductor parameter analyzer :

to the server so that I can store the measurement results directly on to the Linux machine (which btw, has a fixed IP address and an FQDN) instead of messing with unreliable floppy disks etc.

The analyzer does not, and the only way to network this equipment is over NFS. Passing over the inherent insecurities (which I will return to if a way is found to make the setup work) involved in using NFS, how do I setup an /etc/exports file for the analyzer ? Its IP address is going to be determined via DHCP (am I assuming too much to think that the machine implements some kind of a rudimentary DHCP client ?), and that is going to vary.

Or should I try to get a fixed IP address for the analyzer ?

Thanks.

Reply to
Madhusudan Singh