high power solid state relays

Will connecting a battery plus to minus, minus to plus on the output of a solid state relay still operate correctly? The reason I'm asking is that I want to send a capacitor pulse to a battery, but when hooked correctly the voltage on the capacitor seems to discharge the moment the voltage is large enough to forward biase the output of the relay.

~ d

Reply to
david ellis