Comparison of Racal 9087 and Marconi 2019A

What are the respective pluses and minuses of these two signal generators?

I know the Racal has a very good reputation for low phase noise and signal purity, but is a bear to work on, and that component level information isn't available.

I know nothing about the Marconi.

Thanks

--
Dave Partridge (remove xwy from replyto email address)
Reply to

The Racal is fine when it works, if it goes wrong then you're in serious trouble. Also all the earlier production 9087s have a type of small electrolytic capacitor that is by now prone to leakage, and there are several hundred of them all with the electrolyte eating away at the boards and nearby components.

The Marconi just has to be better! And I'm a real fan of most Racal stuff...

Good luck, Dan

Reply to
Dan Rae