AC Generator o/p ok but drops on load

Hi good pals I'm having a problem with my 240 500watts AC generator. The output goes to abt 270v with no load but drops to 60v with just a

14'' tv and a VCR connected. How do I about this problem? BTW the excitation section was faulty so I just rectified the AC (not the main output) and fed it back to excitation coil. Is there a special way for excitaing generators?
Reply to
kofi Mpengya

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (kofi Mpengya) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com:

Yes there is. You need a regulation unit. Without a regulator, the generator is useless.

Rich.Andrews