1000 watt inverter

I saw one at COSTCO the other day for $69.00 US. Don't know about the wave shape of the output though. Hope this helps

Tom Woodrow

Eng> May I ask the group for some procurement advice?

Reply to
Tom Woodrow

May I ask the group for some procurement advice?

I am looking for a 1000 watt inverter (115 VAC from a 12 VDC marine or traction battery) that gives a "modified sine wave" output, literally 6 square waves in a cycle (lots or harmonics!)

Where might I find one in Canada? (New or used.) What can I expect to pay for this unit in Canada?

Also, what is a recommended brand of battery charger and likely Canadian price? I don't want to trickle charge it continuously to avoid gassing - I want a "charge and switch off" unit, or similar - so automobile chargers are out.

BTW, this is not my professional field even though it looks very simple technically.

Many thanks for all replies.

Cheers,

Roger

--
Roger Jones, P.Eng.
Thornhill, Ontario,

"Friends don't let friends vote Liberal"
Reply to
Engineer