Z80 Emulator

Have a need for a piece of history?

I have an Applied Microsystems EM-180B Z80 emulator. Fully static, allows single stepping w/pod, user manual and carry case.

Make an offer. email below.

scott validated software com

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5576 (20101029) __________

Not Really Me

In message , Not Really Me writes

I am interested. Where in the world are you?

\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\ \/\/\/\/\ Chris Hills Staffs England /\/\/\/\/ \/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Reply to
Chris H

Ha! These were capable little devices -- though no joy unless used with the "hosted interface". IIRC, that only ran under CP/M (though it may have been ported to DOS some time after I used it)?

Reply to
D Yuniskis

Is the EM-180B still available?

Reply to
Elsid

com dot validatedsoftware at scott Located in Boulder, CO. Can ship anywhere at your cost.

For all the hours I spent using this, I can't remember anything about CPM/DOS software for it. Feels like there must have been for downloading code though. I do not have any "floppies" in the case, just the unit, manual and pod. All the 5.25 and 8" floppies are long gone. A web search may turn something up. I have an active offer, but see more inquiries here. Send direct email if interested, sell decision on Monday 8-Nov.

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5591 (20101104) __________

Not Really Me

Not Really Me expounded in news: snipped-for-privacy@mid.individual.net:

In the days just prior to the PC, was the Intertec Superbrain, which ran a Z80 in C/PM. At the time, I was chomping at the bit to get time on the thing (at work). Then it quietly disappeared into some executive's home and was never seen again.

g (
)

In the early 90's I bought four of them for $20 at a flemarket, just so I could fool around with them. Two were for parts, but I later resold them all to someone else.

What I remember is that C/PM lacked any sense of date and time. By that time, looking at date/time stamps of files from my unix experience was ingrained. But there were none to be found on the floppy disks. It was otherwise a cute little system for its time.

Warren

Reply to
Warren