wlan ; PRISM II ; HFA384x- Transmit problem

I have succesfulLy initiated and enabled the MAC. I'm able to associate with the AP: The MAC status (RID FD40) for MAC port #0 reproted as "Connected to ESS"(0x0004), The BSSID (RID FD42) returns the correct AP mac address and RX packets are recieved correctly. The problem is with transmit :

  1. I'm allocating a buffer for TX with Reclaim bit set.
  2. Im getting Alloc event interrupt and reading the FID for TX from AllocFID register.
  3. I'm transmitting a packet using the above FID. The control frame : TxContrl field = 6 (MAC Port 0, 802.3 format, TxEx + TxOK set); the Control frame is transmitted using offset=0 and len=14. The 802.3 Header info : destAddr = 0xffffffffffff(broadcast), SrcAddr = OwnMACAddr value, and length of the data section. The header info+Data are transmitted using offset 46 and len = DataLen+14. All is done according to the documentation. When transmitting, I get TxExc event interrupt, and "Discon"(0x0004) bit is set in the Status field. Whats wrong with my TX procedure ?
Reply to
Eran

Just in case the good people of this newsgroup think I'm wilfully ignoring your question, here for the record is the answer I emailed you earlier this week:

I did find the PRISM transmit code remarkably difficult, since the chipset seems highly intolerant of any programming errors. It would take a very detailed explanation to answer your question, so the only way I can help is by referring you to our source code, which is modestly priced, and should save you sufficient time & effort that you can justify the commercial license fee.

Sorry I can't help, but like anyone else, I do have commercial constraints.

Jeremy Bentham Iosoft Ltd.

Reply to
Jeremy Bentham