Web server to PC serial port interface, free download

Group,

You might remember a few weeks ago a post I made asking about some software called "Serial Host", which allowed special HTTP requests to send commands to an RS-232 device connected to the PC running it.

I located some source code for a web server and wrote HTTP232, which is available on Industrologic's web site on the "Resources" page.

It is actually a (very) small web server that you could use without the RS-232 part.

With HTTP232 you can put a PC on a network with RS-232 devices connected to it, and send them commands from a browser on another computer on the network.

Comments welcome, especially if you find that it does not work well in all network situations, which I am not able to fully test. :)

Gary Peek mailto: snipped-for-privacy@industrologic.com Industrologic, Inc.

Phone: (636) 723-4000 Fax: (636) 723-6000

Reply to
Gary Peek

Thank you, I'm giving it to my mate who designs web pages, so he can check that they download over slow links in a reasonable time! (most of us still don't have broadband in the UK, and those who do don't always get high speeds out of it).

And I LOVE web pages that aren't overburdened with graphics at the expense of clarity and speed.

And I LOVE 86kb downloads!

Paul Burke

Reply to
Paul Burke