Urgent Openings with the World's Leading Software Company !!!

Hi Friends,

Hope you're doing great. We are looking for Software Professionals with about 7 years of experience and willing to work for the World's Biggest Software Company - Microsoft.

We have a variety of jobs across different verticals at Microsoft India Development Center (MSIDC) based at HITEC City in Hyderabad, India. This is a world-class facility that provides State-of-the-Art Technology, Infrastructure and Recreational Facilities that are on par with Microsoft Head Quarters in Redmond, WA.

If you're interested in relocating to India for such a good opportunity and be a part of the World's Best Software Company and if you have good skill sets in:

C, C++, C#, Java (for .Net Platform or Visual Studio)

OR

C, C++, Java, Product Development (for MS RFID Infrastructure PathFinder - Adapters)

OR

C, C++, driver or kernel, Linux or Unix (for Windows Serviceability)

Please send your updated resume or contact us at: snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com

Also, if you are aware of any experienced Software Professionals who could be your friends, family members or colleagues who are willing to relocate to India for this opportunity, please forward this e-mail to them.

Please visit

to know more about Microsoft India Development Center and other positions available at MSIDC.

Sincerely, Vamsi Narayana snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com

Reply to
Software Hiring

... snip ...

Looks like another nail in the coffin for the worlds worst software firm. Now they are encouraging multi-posting spammers. Obviously as ignorant and careless as Micro$loth proper.

May be an investment opportunity - go short on Microsoft.

CBFalconer

In article , Software Hiring writes

1 biggest is not "best"

2 this is an EMBEDDED NG so hardly appropriate for MS adverts

Then you are definitely advertising ion the wrong place.

Are we supposed to be impressed? I don't think they are any better than the other large SW companies.

I doubt you would entice anyone TO India for this from Europe or the Americas.

Now that is an incorrect statement . "Worlds Best Sw company" is NOT Microsoft.

So now you know where these products are developed.

Gmail? Then you are not a serious company/recruiter.

/\/\/ chris@phaedsys.org      www.phaedsys.org \/\/\
Chris Hills

Pay me at UK rates whilst I'm there and I could be tempted....

Reply to
Tom Lucas

M$ did try to get me to join an embedded project about 6 years ago, however the architecture of the kernel they were proposing to build was so comprehensively wrong that the project was doomed to failure. It does not appear to have ever made it into the real world.

Possibly people whose jobs have already been outsourced there? ;)

Well they certainly don't produce the world's best software. ;)

Probably more "professionally" than at Redmond ;P

pete

--
pete@fenelon.com "it made about as much sense as a polythene sandwich"
Reply to

Microsoft believes they can target the embedded systems market. I dodge their recruiters monthly (and I'm getting ruder and ruder over time - for some _old_ material see - I've become a lot meaner since).

Reply to
larwe

In article , larwe writes

I know... Frightening isn't it?

You would have thought that they would have learnt not to disturb you by now.

Is that possible ? :-)

Ouch :-)

/\/\/ chris@phaedsys.org      www.phaedsys.org \/\/\
Chris Hills

Interesting, from personal experience I found that they'd bugger off after about 3 years. Although I got a bit snappy with them when they started sending me bumph about jobs that were "program manager" or "technical evangelist". ;)

pete

--
pete@fenelon.com "it made about as much sense as a polythene sandwich"
Reply to
Pete Fenelon

At some point maybe a year ago, they switched [apparently] to using

100% external contract recruiters. These people are like pitbulls, only not as intelligent.

Oh yes, the persona you see in c.a.e is the kindler gentler me ;)

(rummages email) Here's a recent text I sent to one of these recruiters:

Ah... so, it's that time of the month again. Your company - a different person each time, of course, given the nature of my replies - contacts me almost exactly once a month with "opportunities" at Microsoft. It used to be MS recruiters calling me directly, but I guess they outsourced this function (or maybe I managed to get myself blacklisted in their HR systems - God knows I begged the last MS gal to do this).

Let's be very clear about the situation and not beat about the bush with euphemism or circumlocution - a job at Microsoft is not an opportunity, it is a sentence. The smart people are leaving [or have already left] Microsoft and are going to companies with a future - Google being one of those frequently mentioned.

Every time Volt Technical Resources contacts me, I make it abundantly clear: I will NEVER work for Microsoft. I've got a career. I've got a well-established position as an author of technical books. I've got a wife. Two large dogs. A '65 truck to keep me out of mischief on the weekends. Most important, I've got self-esteem. Nobody could keep their self-esteem as an individual contributor at Microsoft.

Besides, I own an iPod - and would never get involved in MS's DRM. I wouldn't buy a Microsoft product, and hence I'm darned if I'll be involved in selling one.

If I'm ever reduced to such a state that I'm soliciting sexual favors on a street corner in return for expired McDonald's coupons and low-quality crack cocaine, maybe - **MAYBE** at that point my judgement would be sufficiently disturbed that I might CONSIDER a job at Microsoft.

Until that time, don't call us - we'll call you.

With heartiest felicitations on your impending decision to work for a company with a brighter future,

Lewin A.R.W. Edwards

PS:

(As a side issue, I've also started handing out small printouts of the Gutenberg etext of "When the Sleeper Wakes" to Salvation Army personnel).

Reply to
larwe

M$ is laying off programmers , because when M$ programmers

succeed , they put each other out of work .

M$ found it could better create bloat and mem leak

with Forth . So M$ fired 156 programmers .

Its a security thing , too many programmers will

cause trouble , best to have only one ..

all good s/w MUST be created by one person .

Microsoft employs only one programmer , and many

lacky s/w maintainers , whose job it is to answer

questions fielded by rich users of WXP ...

If you work for M$ , they will train you NOT to program

but to interface with the public , answer questions , tell

lies .... Is this programming !!!

M$ is no longer useful ,

ARM Forthrite OpSys will bankrupt M$ suddenly

Reply to
werty

[...]

Class ;)

My favourite response to a recruitment droid was (after he'd asked me if I'd consider working in Cambridge on some shit-dull automotive contract)

"The only things I'd work on in Cambridge are Angelina Jolie and Kate Winslet, simultaneously."

pete

--
pete@fenelon.com "it made about as much sense as a polythene sandwich"
Reply to
Pete Fenelon

Obviously on the finer points of mammory allocation, and not anything to do with I/O bottlenecks.

    PC Services
             For those web sites you hate
Reply to
Paul Carpenter

You have failed the Turing Test, bye.

Reply to
spammers_lie

Over the past 3 years, the roof over my head has been shaky. I live in Seattle; I still have no motivation to work for Microsoft, not even for the basics of food and shelter. I consider psychological health more important and would rather dig ditches. They just have nothing to offer. Their corporate culture sucks, it's all about mediocrity. Their technologies are uninteresting, they only lead in directions I don't care about. They're into treadmilling people for its own sake. If they had either a better culture or better tech, I could stomach one for the other. But they don't have anything. And I know enough Microsofties and ex-Microsofties, to feel that my views are not particularly prejudiced. I sure run into a lot of jaded Microsoft employees who are just taking their paycheck.

I think probably the only bright spot at Microsoft is Microsoft Research. Their activities seem to have no effect on the rest of the company. I think research divisions like that are insurance policies. Keep 'em tied up in your own pool, just in case someone comes up with The Next Big Thing. Make sure it isn't happening somewhere else.

Cheers, Brandon Van Every

Reply to
Brandon J. Van Every