Unable to Connect to BlueBoard LPC-1768-H Target

Using Olimex ARM-USB-OCD-H JTAG Debugger and CrossWorks connected to a NGX = Technologies BlueBoard LPC-1768-H. When trying to connect to the target usi= ng CrossWorks software (Generic FT2332 Device) get the following error:

"Cannot identify target. Check JTAG connections and that the target is powe= red"

Each time I try to connect I see that two of the board's LEDs D4 and D8 fla= sh. Note that if I disconnect the board from the JTAG connector and connect= the board to the USB port, my PC identifies the board indicating that the = program on the board is operating when not connected to the JTAG connector.= The following are Crosswork settings for the Generic FT2332 Device:

nSRST Inversion Mask 0x0200 nSRST Mask =3D 0x0200 nTRST Inversion Mask =3D 0x0000 nTRST Mask - 0x0400 Output Pins =3D 0x0F1B Output Value =3D 0x0408 PID: 0x002B VID: 0x15BA

JTAG Clock Divider: 10

CrossWorks support suggested that I make the following two changes based on= another customer who was having a similar problem:

nTRST Mask: 0x0100 Output Value: 0x0108

After those changes I get the following error:

"Target not responding"

Note that if I don't connect the JTAG it appears that the onboard program o= n the BlueBoard is functioning, i.e., when you reset the board the LED flas= hes a few times and then illuminates. Are there jumpers on the board that n= eed to be changed to use JTAG?

Is there any documentation on the board other than the 6 page user manual a= nd schematic?

Thanks.

Reply to
stripes

Technologies BlueBoard LPC-1768-H. When trying to connect to the target using CrossWorks software (Generic FT2332 Device) get the following error:

Note that if I disconnect the board from the JTAG connector and connect the board to the USB port, my PC identifies the board indicating that the program on the board is operating when not connected to the JTAG connector. The following are Crosswork settings for the Generic FT2332 Device:

another customer who was having a similar problem:

the BlueBoard is functioning, i.e., when you reset the board the LED flashes a few times and then illuminates. Are there jumpers on the board that need to be changed to use JTAG?

schematic?

I have a similar setup here (don't worry Paul, I have a CrossConnect also but it's on the bench at home ;-) except that it's the regular ARM-USB-OCD and uses a PID of 0x0003 instead of 0x002B.

Setting it up as per the top values above (modulo the PID) it connects correctly to the Blueboard LPC-1768-H.

All jumpers (J9 RTCK, J11 3V3A, and J16 3V3) are installed.

Did you turn off adaptive clocking, so that the user-set clock divider is used?

--
Rich Webb     Norfolk, VA
Reply to