SPI Clock pulse problem on ARM Processor

Hi Guys,

I am working on ARM based processor (IMX31). I am having problem with the SPI interface which i am using to interface with the other devices. Here my problem is when i make a write operation to the SPI, the data pulse is getting started before the clock pulse which is not required. Both the clock pulse and the data pulse should start at the same time. Hope you guys understand my problem. If i am not clear in my words do tell me.

with regards,

Chandra.

Reply to
Chandra

Not really. If you're getting unexpected results then you probably have a mismatch between the edge/sampling configuration on the two ends.

The "real" order of "pulses" for a single bit is:

- clock goes to inactive state (say 0)

- master sets up data on MOSI, slave sets up data on MISO

- clock active (say 1)

- slave samples data on MOSI, master samples dara on MISO

Reply to
larwe