Simple but reliable checksum for small controllers

Hello,

I sent mail to your posting address.

If it does not work, please send a mail with a good address to me. Modify the address in my sig in the obvious way to send.

--
Tauno Voipio
tauno voipio (at) iki fi

Tauno Voipio schrieb:

If you sent it to the "from" address, it probably will be lost - despammed.com is not too reliable meanwhile.

That's why I added a working "reply-to" address (which doesn't get spammed as much as "from" addresses).

About CRC-16: Maxim also have a direct algorithm in their AN27 (Example

6, 8051 assembly). Looks quite interesting... Maybe the same method as yours?

Thanks, Tilmann

Reply to
Tilmann Reh